Weasler Engineering is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of mechanical power transmission solutions for all varieties of agricultural machinery. Farming, lawn and turf, construction, industrial, and marine OEMs worldwide look to us for innovative and dependable drive train systems and components. Founded in 1951, the Weasler brand is widely recognized for unsurpassed quality, on-time delivery, consistent reliability, and exceptional service.
Weasler is wholly owned by Actuant Corporation. Actuant Corporation is a diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are leaders in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Actuant trades on the NYSE under the symbol ATU. For further information on Actuant and its businesses, visit the Company's website at www.actuant.com, or visit the links below:
Our Leadership Team
Job Title: Designer II
Location: West Bend, WI
The Designer II serves a vital role on the Engineering Team. Based in West Bend, WI this position will be responsible for producing a drawing of a new product family that can be produced in a cost-effective manner. The solutions may be found through existing product families or through new or unique research. The Designer II reports to the Manager, Design & Drafting. This role fosters a wide degree of creativity and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Will work to promote the Health, Safety and Environment along with the well-being of the individual. Responsible for the day-to-day execution of safety processes while remaining mindful that nothing is more important than performing the job safely. Every Weasler employee must take personal accountability to work safely as a condition of continued employment, use good judgment in adhering to all safety policies and procedures, and extend concern for safety to fellow employees
- Process Inquiries, utilizing CAD software. An emphasis will be placed on the creation of customer and manufacturing drawings per request or inquiry. Present drawings that are updated to present standards while determining the best use of part(s) for assembly.
- Update prototype drawing to production. Must understand drawing scale, and tolerance schema for Geometric and Dimensional Tolerances. Production calculations to support dimensional changes. Revise or create Bills of Material using MRP2 and updating part number revisions accordingly.
- Revise production drawings utilizing CAD software to revise drawings per request.
- Design forgings and castings from similar product line, while creating parts for the lowest cost and ease of manufacturing.
- Bachelor Degree with 4+ years of mechanical design experience in a manufacturing environment or Associate Degree in Mechanical Drafting with 6+ years of mechanical design experience in a manufacturing environment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must understand drawing scale, and tolerance schema for Geometric and Dimensional Tolerances.
- ANSI Drafting Standards
- 3D solid modeling
- PTC Creo with FEA ability
- Proficient with the use of CAD, Microsoft Office
- Ability to create new product offering with little direction
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be flexible with changing work priorities
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- EWR, MRP2 and Inquiry System
- Solid business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong detail orientation, and driven through accuracy and delivery of quality work
- Strong organizational skills
- Clear and concise written skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all level
Opportunity to develop and grow!
- You will work in a dynamic and challenging work environment that is results driven
- You will have the opportunity to grow and develop professionally within your role
If you're looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity - choose Actuant!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer
West Bend, Wisconsin, United States
We are proud to be an EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) employer.