Enerpac is a global market leader in high-pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads. We manufacture products, from the smallest hydraulic cylinder to complete computer-operated lifting and positioning systems. Our focus is to provide customers with the most extensive line of products and accessories that maximize force-to increase productivity and make work safer and easier to perform.
Enerpac is wholly owned by Actuant Corporation. Actuant Corporation is a diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are leaders in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Actuant trades on the NYSE under the symbol ATU. For further information on Actuant and its businesses, visit the Company's website at www.actuant.com, or visit the links below:
Our Leadership Team
Job Title: Americas Logistics Manager
Location: Menomonee Falls, WI
Americas Logistics Manager leads the transportation strategy and supports trade compliance related activities for the Americas region. Responsibilities include carrier management, freight negotiations, routing guide management, reporting on KPI's like cost, transit times, savings, OTD and OS&D, freight audit and payment management, enforcement of trade compliance processes, besides indirectly influencing warehousing, shipping and receiving teams at multiple regional locations of the company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish, monitor & communicate logistics operations key performance indicators for various suppliers and company locations
- Negotiate transportation rates and services with carriers and service providers
- Analyze financial impact of proposed logistics changes such as routing, shipping modes and product configurations
- Manage the freight audit and payment process
- Develop & publish policies and procedures that ensure compliance, performance for all freight movements including but not limited to routing and billing guides
- Develop & facilitate delivery of training related to logistics processes, procedures and systems to all stakeholders and interested parties at the business locations globally
- Lead optimization of logistics programs and identify cost productivity opportunities across all logistics functions in the region.
- Manage the carrier base through business reviews and carrier scorecards
- Function as escalation point for operational freight related issues for the various regional manufacturing locations or offices.
- Work with purchasing and customer service teams to ensure operational effectiveness and reliable transit times from the carriers is guaranteed
- Travel up to 25% as needed
Skills and Competencies
- Proven effective project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills to handle large sets of data
- Demonstrated ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships through all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience with freight payment systems or transport management systems
Education, Experience & Professional Affiliations
- 10+ years logistics / distribution & compliance related experience
- 5+ years in a managerial / leadership role
- Familiarity with HTS coding, customs documentation, data archiving and audit processes
- Experience in logistics network optimization
- Bachelor's degree (Supply Chain, Logistics or Business) or equivalent.
- Negotiation & vendor management skills training
- Project Management skills
- APICS / PMI or equivalent certifications preferred
- Facilitate, lead & participate in value stream mapping and problem solving
- Experience with lean / six sigma methodologies preferred
- Proven ability to develop process expertise
- Experience with logistics operations using ERP systems (Oracle, SAP etc)
Ability to travel 10% internationally, 15% domestically
If you're looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity - choose Actuant!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States
We are proud to be an EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) employer.